United Bulgarian Bank issued the following announcement on July 12.
From 14.09.2019. changes to the Bank's Payment Terms and Conditions in the Online Banking section will apply, related to the application of the legal requirements for the in-depth identification of payment service users in online banking.
The introduction of these changes aims to make sure that electronic payment services are carried out in a secure manner by means of technologies that can ensure the identity of the user and the greatest possible limitation of the risk of fraud.
What will change when using the UBB Online service:
- The access to UBB Online will be made with a username, password and a uniquely generated one-time code / password. One-time code / passwords can either be sent as SMS messages or generated from a hardware token or a software plug-in embedded in the UBB Mobile application.
- An opportunity will be provided for creating lists of trusted beneficiaries and managing payments to them.
- When making payments, the system will continue to require additional dynamic code / password input for the payment. Dynamic code / passwords can either be sent as an SMS message or generated by a hardware token or a software tower embedded in the UBB Mobile application.
- For certain transactions, such as internal bank transfers between Customer's own accounts and payments to Recipient Accounts from the Trust List, an additional code / password will not be entered.
- With the introduction of the changes, the use of:
- Digital Certificates issued by the Bank and Qualified Electronic Signature QES.
- Hardware devices and mobile tokens
- Access to UBB Online only with user and login password, both for individual clients and for business clients. In order to continue using a service, when entering into online banking, it will be necessary to enter a uniquely generated one-time code / password.
We would like to recommend that you take the necessary action to ensure:
- On a hardware token you can get at a branch of the Bank or
- On a software token by activating the mobile application UBB Mobile or
- Mobile phone for sending SMS passwords for UBB Online
For further information, please contact us at 0 700 117 17 or visit a branch of the Bank.
Original source can be found here.